I’ve been away from blogging for quite some time. Life has been . . . interesting . . . over the past year, and it has taken all my energy to manage, leaving little time for the kind of thoughtful reflection that results in blog posts I’d actually put out there for the world to read [okay, not the world, exactly . . . but, you know, I have a handful of friends who find something interesting here occasionally]. Lately, however, I’m finding myself back to feeling like I have something to say that is worth sharing in a blog post.
But to focus my perspective, I’ve looked through my past posts, and decided that a great way to re-start things here would be to list some of my personal favourites. So here [in no particular order] is my top 10 list of the posts I’ve written on the blog which I’m most fond of/proud of/entertained by and that are a good reflection of my approach to writing and thinking about the world around us:
- People lessons learned – things my work has taught me about working well with others.
- 12 Days of Christmas – the Communicator version – one of my holiday posts.
- Hockey’s lessons for communicators – exactly what it sounds like!
- Evolution of a communicator’s career – in movies – I talk about how movies have been a metaphor for the route my career as a writer/communicator has taken.
- It may look like I’m goofing off, but REALLY, I’m working – the activities required to be a good communicator/writer don’t always look like work . . . but they ARE!
- What the Dalai Lama can teach business leaders – surprisingly, quite a bit.
- The Princess Bride’s advice for communicators – using my favourite movie to consider good approaches to successfully writing and communicating.
- Ode to a communicator – a light-hearted poem about the life of a communications person/corporate writer.
- Do you write with lightning, or lightning bugs? A post about the importance of writing well and thoughtfully [plus homage to my hero – Mark Twain].
- Do or shut up – there is no whine! How I keep my eyes on the prize in trying times.
I had a lot of fun reminiscing about my past post here, and now I’m going to start thinking about some new things to talk about in hopes of re-energizing the blog. I hope to see you out here soon!